Metadata documents extend the functionality of Crossware Mail Signature.
There should only be one document created for each type of metadata.
You can set up customized forward and reply strings to detect specific text which marks the beginning of a forwarded email or reply.
Metadata Document Types
There are three options for forward/reply strings:
- HTML: applied to HTML emails.
- Plain Text: applied to plain text emails.
- Other Internal Domains: this option allows you to specify additional domains that are internal. They will be used to determine whether an email is internal or external. Signature blocks and Rules can be set to Internal Only or External Only and will use this setting.
This option looks for a Forward Reply String in an HTML or Plain Text email.
- To add a new string, click on the Metadata icon in the sidebar menu and then click on 'Add string'.
- Add a description for the string(s), select either 'HTML' or 'Plain text', and add the strings in the text fields. To add a new string, click on 'ADD STRING'.