How do I include signatures on Out of Office Replies?
Out of Office replies are not recognized as emails so will not pass through Crossware Mail Signature and have a signature applied by default. You can set up a signature for out-of-office replies in three steps: by creating a new transport rule in Office 365, creating a new rule in Crossware Mail Signature, and creating your signature.
Step 1 - Create a new Transport Rule in your Office 365 Admin Center
1. Go to "Office 365 Exchange Admin Center" > "Mail Flow" > "Rules"
2. Click the icon to create a new rule.
3. Click on More Options.
4. Give your new rule a Name.
5. From the "Apply this rule if..." drop-down menu, select "The message properties…" then select "include the message type"
6. Select message type "Automatic Reply" then click "OK".
7. From the "Do the following…" drop-down list, select "Redirect the message to..." > "the following connector"
8. Select "CrosswareOutboundConnector" and click "OK".
9. Click on "add exception"
10. Under "Except if…" click "add exception" and choose "A message header... includes any of these words"
11. Under *Enter text… type in x-cwesigprocessed and under *Enter words… type in "Y".
12. Select the checkbox "Stop processing more rules"
13. Scroll down to the "Match sender address in message" section and select "Envelope", then "Save".
14. Ensure that your new rule is enabled (checkbox below the ON heading ticked).
NOTE: It may take up to 45 minutes for the rule to take effect in Office 365.
The next steps must be done within the Crossware Mail Signature Designer.
Step 2 - Create a new automated reply rule in Crossware Mail Signature
15. Go to "Rules" > "Create rule"
16. Your rule may vary depending on when you want to apply to your automatic reply email.
Here is an example of a basic rule:
Under name type “Automatic reply”
Add the condition Subject Contains Automatic Reply using the dropdown and text box.
Add any other conditions you would like.
17. Save your rule.
Step 3 - Create a new signature and apply your rule18. Go to "Signatures" > "Create New" and name your signature "Automatic Reply".
19. Design your signature from scratch or copy the HTML of an existing signature and paste it into the HTML view of the signature editor.
20. Click on "Change next to Applies to", choose "Rule" and select your newly created rule from Step 15 then click the X.
21. Turn on your automatic out-of-office reply in Outlook, then send an email to your email address.
Your chosen signature should now be affixed to your out-of-office reply emails.